Easy + fun Valentine’s Day breakfast you can make with your toddlers
Disclaimer: links may be affiliate links, which mean I may earn a commission at no extra cost to you.
Hey friends! If you follow me on Instagram, you may have seen that we had a rough week last week. Now, to be honest, we don’t really celebrate most holidays other than Christmas and thanksgiving, it’s a special time for our family to get together since we’re pretty scattered. However, I really wanted to do something extra special for Olivia. With her dad being gone working out of town, I really wanted to shower her with love! Not to mention she LOVES helping in the kitchen. So, without further ado, let’s get to making a fun, easy, and healthy Valentine’s Day breakfast!
What you’ll need:
• Metal Heart shaped cookie cutters
Feel free to customize this and add/remove things to your liking!
Making heart–shaped pancakes
• Make pancake batter according to the instructions on your bag/box. (We added chocolate chips to our batter but you can omit this step, or even add something else)
• Add a little bit of butter to your warmed pan
• Place cookie cutter on the pan and immediately pour in some batter
• Let the cookie cutter sit just for a few seconds and then gently remove
T I P: make sure you only pour a thin layer of batter. I poured a super thick layer and when I removed the cookie cutter it all came out and made a huge mess. Wait a bit before turning the pancake over so that it doesn’t lose its shape.
Making heart shaped strawberries
• use a pairing knife to cut a V-shape at the stem.
• Remove the stem and the strawberry on the cutting board v-shape down.
• If you have a thick strawberry you can slice it into multiple thin flat pieces, or you can just slice them in half.
• That’s it!
Bonus: for my breakfast I made heart shaped eggs.
• butter the pan
• Place the cookie cutter on the pan
• Immediately crack the egg in
• Wait just a few seconds and gently remove the cookie cutter
• Season + cover the egg until cooked to your liking.
To get extra fancy you can assemble all of this on a charcuterie board and serve family style! I hope you enjoy!
Do you do anything special for tour family on Valentine’s Day? Share with us in the comments. 💗
All the treats, all the sweets🍭🍫🍬 I’ve connected with some amazing galentines to share some blogs featuring valentines desserts! Brownies, donuts, cookies, cupcakes, charcuterie boards and more! Head to each of their blogs to check out what they are sharing.
Cheyenne | DIY Mini Valentines Donuts (free printable)
Heather | How to Make a Small Valentines Day Charcuterie Board with Your Kids + 3 Simple Treats Your Kids Will Love
Amy | A Quick & Easy Valentine’s Day Charcuterie Board How To
Laila | Valentine’s Day Breakfast Charcuterie
Ashley | Valentines Day Breakfast Board
Latifah | Valentine’s Day Hand Pies
Dorche | Easy Valentines Days Charcuterie Board
Michelle | Butter cookies with colorful nonpareil sprinkles for your little hearts
Krystalyn | How to make a simple Valentine’s Day charcuterie board with toddler snacks